Text Size:SmallerNormalLargerPrint PageE-mail Page

Picture of the Parker County Hospital District Medical Assistance Program brick building.
Picture of the Parker County Hospital District Medical Assistance Program brick building.

Parker County Hospital District Medical Assistance Program

The Parker County Hospital District administers the County Indigent Health Care Program, better known as the Medical Assistance Program (MAP) for Parker County residents.

Designated as the payor of last resort, MAP is designed to provide covered medical services to low income residents who have no other public or private health care benefits and who meet all eligibility requirements of the program. MAP utilizes medical services through local physicians, hospitals, and other facilities.

What determines eligibility?
1. Residence - Must live in Parker County
2. Income - May not exceed 200% of the Federal Poverty Level
3. Resources - May not exceed $1,000 per month (this includes property, checking/savings accounts or other assets as defined by MAP regulations)
4. Citizenship - US Citizens or Resident Aliens
5. Medical Need - Must have a medical need of some kind

Medical Assistance Program application information:
1. Fill out the APPLICATION; DO NOT leave any blanks.
2. Attach copies of information listed below.
3. Applications are only taken at scheduled appointment times.

Required Documentation to Start the Application Process (for self or household members*)
Valid TXDL/TXID with same address as on your application
Social Security number (card preferred)
Residence card or Certificate of Naturalization or any legal document verifying identity
Current utility bill or lease agreement showing the same address as on application
Other documents as required by state guidelines which are listed inside application

*A household is a person living alone or two or more persons living together where legal responsibility for support exists, excluding disqualified persons.

To schedule an appointment or for more information, please contact the MAP office at (817) 458-3358.